Tuesday, April 20, 2010

new recipe

I told my daughters & daughters-in-law that I would start posting some of my new favorite recipes. So this is my first one.. Here ya go.
Croissant Bread Pudding
6 large croissants, cubed
1 large baking apple, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
6 eggs
1/2 cup plus 3 TBLS sugar, divided
2 cups half & half
1 orange (you will use about 2 tsp of zest & 1/4 cup of juice)
1/2 cup chopped pecan pieces
3/4 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
1/4 tsp rum extract
1/2 cup golden raisins, optional
In a 2 qt prepared casserole dish toss together your croissant cubes & apple slices. In a separte bowl beat eggs & 1/2 cup sugar. In a microwave safe cup or bowl heat your 1/2 & 1/2 on high for about 2 minutes. Slowly add your heated 1/2 & 1/2 to the egg mixture, whisking until blended. Pour egg mixture over croissants and apples, make sure all the croissants are coated. In a small bowl mix together your pecans, remaining sugar & orange zest then sprinkle over your croissant and egg mixture in the casserole dish. Bake @ 350 for about 35 mins. Should be golden brown and set in the center. For the sauce, mix ice cream topping, orange juice & rum extract. Microwave on high for about 1 minute. Add raisins to the sauce if preferred. The recipe says to serve warm but I love it cold. Try it and see what you think.

1 comment:

Anecia said...

California is definitely a highligh of my life! Thanks for the laughs and the scrapbook too! I had a great time love you too!