Monday, February 6, 2012

My new Kindle!

My sweet husband gave me a Kindle for Valentines. I know its not Valentine's Day yet but I am going to the hospital tomorrow for surgery and wanted to have something to read while laid up. I got the kindle touch and I really like it even though I haven't figured it out completely. I made this cover for it and it was really easy.
As you can see when closed it looks like a book. Then you open it and it holds my e-reader.
I got an old book from the DI (for $2) and then cut the pages out. I found some reversible quilted fabric at the store. You only need about a 1/4 of a yard. Did a little sewing, but you could do it with fusible tape, and then got out the glue gun. (My second favorite tool!) I saw the idea on pinterest and just made it to fit what I wanted. So... cute cover and it only cost about $4.50 total.

No comments: