Monday, April 4, 2011

My Favorite Chocolate Chips Cookies


This is a really great chocolate chip cookies recipe. It has gotten 2 "thumbs up" from the kids and grandkids. To quote Taylor "Dats a weally good cookie grandma." I asked her if she needed another one and her response, "Ummm, yeths." She has the cutest lisp. Aubree came home from Weber with this recipe, she got it from someone in her ward. I have made a few minor tweeks to it just to get it to work right in my oven. It makes a large batch, all the better for sharing. They also freeze really well. I don't know how long they would last in the freezer mine are usually gone in a week or two. Enjoy!
1 cup shortening, 1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 cups sugar, 4 eggs. Cream these ingredients together. Then gradually add the following: 4 tsp. vanilla, 3 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. baking soda, 5 1/2 cups flour. Once this is mixed really well, stir in: 1 bag Semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 bag milk chocolate chips (I LOVE Guittard chocolate chips they are the best) Bake at 375 for 8-10 mins.

1 comment:

aubree said...

Did you make these recently?? do they mail well? ;)