Friday, April 8, 2011

Upcycle necklace

This isn't the best picture but it turns out the only one I took was with my phone.

It all started when we moved my mom into an assisted living center. I found this cute yellow tatted bookmark in her closet and I just didn't know what to do with it. After some deliberation I found I had some grey wool felt leftover from another project. So I used a little piece of cardstock to make a shape that would work with the bookmark. Then used that cardstock as a pattern to cut out a piece of of the wool. I pinned the bookmark to the wool and then tacked it down with a needle and yellow thread. Then using my scrapbooking stuff, I pounded a couple of eyelets into each end of the wool. Finally I attched an old chain to each side and then using a glue gun I attached a grey shoe clip (also found at the bottom of my mom's closet). Considering what I started with I thought it was a clever use for a bunch of unwanted items.